Our values & ethos
The vision for Harris Clapham Sixth Form is expressed simply as "Be the best". The academy will be the best place to work and the
best place to learn. This is because everyone, all our staff and students, will be the best version of themselves that they possibly can.
There are three core values that sum up our ambition for our students. Our values will help make sure that our students continue
to grow into well-rounded and highly successful young people. We will fully support students and provide them with every opportunity
to nurture and develop our values. There are three core values:
“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can’t practice any
other virtue consistently.” - Maya Angelou
Courage – so that our students will:
- be the best version of themselves that they can be
- champion inclusion and make the world a better place
- persevere and successfully meet the challenges of 6th form studies.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without
hope and confidence." - Helen Keller
Confidence – so that our students will:
- believe in themselves and what they can achieve
- use their range of talents to the full
- help shape their community and be role models for modern Britain.
“Commitment is an act, not a word.” Jean-Paul Sartre
Commitment – so that our students
- ‘walk the talk’ and have the discipline to make things happen
- work hard and take actions to achieve their full potential
- think and act positively for others and not just themselves.
These core values will be central to all work. They will combine to help us ensure that our students become vibrant,
healthy and well-rounded young people, fully prepared for what lies ahead.