Covid-19 - January 2022 updates
This is our page where we will include information for our students, parents and carers on how the academy is following the latest guidance on managing coronavirus (Covid-19).
Our lateral flow testing took place on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
Students are reminded to take a second lateral flow test and to report the result, ideally on Friday 7 or Saturday 8 January 2022.
Updates from the Government include:
- all students being asked (unless of course exempt) to follow the recommendation to wear a face covering in classrooms as well as communal areas
- following the guidance on how to put on and remove a face covering - this is on our display screens, covered in assembly and included in our email to all students.
- a reduction in time for self-isolation from 10 days to 7 days in strict accordance with guidance, including a negative lateral flow test on days 6 and 7. The guidance is summarised on the graphic below:
Students are also reminded of the need for:
- good hygiene by regular hand washing and sanitising - we ask all students and visitors to sanitise on entry to the academy and regularly during the day (or their visit)
- follow public health guidance by wearing a face covering on public transport.
We are sure that you know that it goes without saying that students, parents or carers should not come into the academy if they have symptoms of Covid-19. Symptoms and what to do if you suspect you have symptoms are summarised clearly by the NHS here. An easy to read guide on stay at home guidance for you and your household can also be accessed by clicking here.
We also have appropriate plans in place so that we can provide a high quality remote education should it ever be needed, such as a student being required to self-isolate. We have asked each student if they need a laptop and/or have access to wi-fi. Families are respectfully reminded to let us know should their circumstances change. We are here to help.
If you have questions or queries in relation to Covid-19 and how this will impact on the academy then please do email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our policy addendums can be found here:
- Special educational needs click here
- attendance click here
- behaviour click here
- safeguarding click here
- curriculum click here
We share information by updating the website regularly.